Canon is surely onef the leading firms producing top-notch printers, scanners, and other devices. These products are great for professional printing and scanning purposes. Also, they are easy to set up. For the proper functioning of the device, you need to set it up properly. To set up the printer, you need to have an internet connection enabled on the system so that the printer and the device stay connected. You will also have to make sure that you have modified the network settings according to your need. To modify the settings, Canon comes up with a tool, called network tool.
This is a user-friendly tool that you can use to manage the settings of your printer hassle-free. It will enable you to check and modify the network settings whenever and wherever you want. To use this application, you will have to set up the printer properly. To know more about the ij.start.cannon, check out this guide. Here is everything that you need to know about the tool.
Things to Know About Canon IJ Network Tool
So, now you want to use the tool on the system, you must be aware of the basic facts about the tool.
- To start with, check the connection method that you are opting for. To connect the printer via LAN, you need to get all the required hardware components like the cable, modem, and others.
- Always remember NOT to use them while you are performing basic functions of the printer like scanning and printer.
- Similarly, you need to make sure not to carry out the basic operations while you are using the tool on the system.
- There are chances that you will get a warning prompt when you will use the tool to keep the firewall ON. For this, you will have to choose to
- allow the connection and proceed with the process
Setup Canon IJ Network Tool
Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to cannon printer set up the network tool on the system. Make sure to follow all these steps in the same way to avoid any errors.
Steps to Download IJ Network Too
- The very first thing is to start an Internet Browser on the system.
- You will then have to visit the official website of Canon which is canon.com/ijsetup. Or, you can also visit ij.start.cannon.
- You will then have to go to the support page on the website.
- Under this, you will have to choose the Software and drivers option.
- In the next window, you will have to choose the printer that you are using,
- You will have to enter the model number of the printer.
- After this, you will have to choose the drivers and download option.
- Now, choose the operating system that you are using.
- When done, a list of all the available software will appear on the screen. You need to choose the IJ network tool option. Click on the Select option.
- Next, you will get the details of the tool on the screen.
- Click on the download button to start downloading the tool.
- Wait for the download process to complete.
Steps to Install IJ Network Tool
- To start with, you will have to look for the downloaded Network Tool file.
- When found, double-click on the file to start the installation window.
- You will then have to start the .pkg file and begin the installation of the software.
- To complete the installation process, you will have to follow the steps appearing on the screen.
- On completion of the process, you will have to choose the Close option.
- In the end, start your system again.
In case these instructions didn’t help you, you can also visit the ij. start. cannon website to check out the instructions in detail.
Access IJ Network Tool
Now, if you wish to access the tool on the system, the process depends on the operating system that you are using. Below we have mentioned all the steps according to the operating system.
Windows Vista, XP, or 7
- First, you will have to tap on the Start icon on the screen.
- After this, choose the All programs option.
- Under this, you will have to look for the Canon utility option.
- When found, check out the IJ network tool under this.
- Now, you will have to click on the tool icon and then start the tool.
- The very first thing is to go to the Mac’s Dock and then open Finder on the system.
- Now, in the left-hand corner of the screen, you will have to choose the Go option.
- You will then have to choose the Applications button.
- Next, you need to click on the Canon utility folder.
- After this, you will have to look for the Canon IJ Network Tool and then open the tool folder.
- Now, you will have to double-click on the icon to open the Canon IJ network tool.
- To start with, you will have to choose the Start button on the screen. It will be present on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You will then have to look for the utility tab and then look for the IJ network tool.
- In case you are not able to find the tool, you will have to go to the search option and then look for the tool.
- Choose the enter key and open the tool.
The network tool will help you to change and view the network settings of your printer. With all the steps that we have mentioned, you will be easily able to use the IJ network tool on the system. We hope that the article has helped you.