The Quickbooks file doctor tool can help you to resolve company file and network issues that you can face. This tool can be used as a standalone version or the in-built version. The in-built version is available only for Quickbooks version 2016 and later. It helps resolve critical errors like series 6000 or in case there is data damage. In this article, we have explained the full process to resolve network issues with the Quickbooks file doctor tool. Read the complete article to know more.
Points to Remember
- You must uninstall the existing version of the Quickbooks file doctor tool before installing the current version.
- The tool is not supported in Mac operating system.
- The tool may start automatically when an error is encountered.
- It is compatible with all the versions of the Quickbooks application.
Steps to Resolve Network Issues with Stand-Alone Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Now, if the Quickbooks file doctor tool is not in-built in the Quickbooks application that you are using, you need to use the stand-alone version. Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve network issues.
- To start with, you need to download the latest version of the Quickbooks file doctor on your system. You can do it by visiting the official website for Quickbooks.
- Now, you need to click on the downloaded file and follow the steps appearing on the screen to install the application.
- After installing it on the system, run the application. Now, you will have to click on the drop-down option and then select the company file.
- In case you are not able to find the company file, you will have to click on the Browse option and redirect the file to the location.
- Once done, you will have to click on the option to check file damage. You will then have to choose the option for the diagnosis file.
- Now, you will have to choose the type of diagnosis. For this, two options will appear on the screen.
- In case you are facing the company file error i.e series 6000 error, you need to select the first option provided. Whereas, if the network error code appears on the screen, select the second option.
- After this, you will be asked to provide the admin credentials. Type your credentials correctly and proceed.
- Now, you will have two different options on the screen. Choose the appropriate one.
- Select the option for a workstation in case you are fixing the error on the client system and the company file is not available on the host system.
- Otherwise, you need to choose the server option in case you are fixing the issues on the client system.
- Now, in the next prompt, choose the Yes option if you are using the Quickbooks server else choose the No option.
- After this, the process of fixing the issue will begin.
- You need to wait for the process to complete. It will take time according to your internet speed and the size of the file.
- Once the process is complete, the success message will appear on the screen.
- Open your company file and check if the error is resolved.
Steps to Use Inbuilt File Doctor Tool
Now, if you are using Quickbooks 2016 or above, the Quickbooks file doctor will be present in the application only. Follow the steps mentioned below to use the in-built file doctor.
- To start with, you will have to open the Quickbooks application on the system.
- After this, you will have to go to the File option and then click on the Utilities option.
- Now, you will have to choose the option to repair the file to open the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system.
- Next, you will have to go to the Browse option and then select the company file that you want to diagnose. After this, choose to open the file.
- Once done, you will have to go to the advanced settings option and then select the issue type that you are facing.
- In the next prompt, you will have to enter your credentials. Type the credentials properly.
- When the process will complete, open your company file.
Steps to Open Quickbooks File Doctor With Quickbooks Tool Hub
You can also use the Quickbooks tool hub to open the Quickbooks file doctor tool to fix issues with your device. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you need to visit the official Quickbooks website and then download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- After this, save the downloaded file on the desktop and then click on it to open the installation window.
- Now, you need to follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process and also, agree to the conditions.
- When done, you will have to open the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Now, you need to click on the company file issues option.
- Under this, you need to click on the option to start the Quickbooks file doctor.
- After this, wait for the tool to load and then select your company file.
- Wait for the scan to complete. On completion, you will have to start Quickbooks and open the company file.
Now, there can be three outcomes of running on the system. They are as follows:
- The very first outcome is that the file doctor will be able to detect the issue and also resolve it. This is the ideal situation.
- The next outcome is that the file doctor tool can detect the issue but is not able to resolve it.
- Lastly, there are chances that the file doctor tool can not detect the issue at all.
With all the steps mentioned in the article, you can easily run the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system to resolve the network issues. We have provided you three methods to use the file doctor tool and you can choose according to your requirement. We hope that the article has helped you.